“It may be that when we no longer know what to do
We have come to our real work,
And when we no longer know which way to go
We have begun our real journey.
The mind that is not baffled is not employed.
The impeded stream is the one that sings.”
Sign up to get the latest blog posts, news and inspiration.
If you live outside of Portland and are intrigued by my approach, you might be interested in therapy via phone, Skype, FaceTime, or other videoconferencing platforms. I’ve worked with individuals in Hawaii, England, Peru, and South Korea, among other far-flung places. I especially enjoy working with expatriates and people with an established meditation practice.
When I began this work, I wondered if phone therapy could work as well as the intimate setting of the therapy room. After years of experience, I can say with assurance that distance therapy can be as powerful and transformational as face-to-face sessions. I’ve worked for months or years with clients whom I have never met in person, yet the intimacy of our work and the depth of our connection speaks for itself.
Which to choose? Some people like the face-to-face interaction of a video call; many prefer the convenience of a Skype call without a video interface. I’m happy to arrange the sessions however you’d like.
How It Works
1. E-mail me to schedule a free initial phone consultation—generally around 15 minutes. Let me know a little about your current situation and the issue(s) you’d like to work with.
2. I’ll get back to you with some possible times for our initial consult. You call me at the number I’ll send. In that first brief call, we’ll explore what’s on your plate and how we might work together.
3. If we decide to work together, you’ll send me payment for 2 sessions ($280) by Paypal or Venmo.
4. Once I receive payment, we’ll schedule your sessions. Because I work with people in a number of different time zones (and am bad at keeping track!), all times I quote you will be Pacific time. You’ll be calling me at the phone number I’ll send you.
5. Once we’ve established a working relationship, billing is handled as for my regular clients, with payment due at the end of the month. You can mail me a check or ask me to invoice you via Paypal. As with regular sessions, 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Any positive balance you may have on your account is fully refundable.